Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hand-raised kittens are the new chihuahua.

Me, in the midst of bottle feeding a kitten.
May was a busy month. It's now June and I've been hand-raising kittens. Wow. They are fast, they are adorable and they are a 20-year commitment! Kittens, man. They climb in your hair and they poop a lot. And then they climb in their poop and get on your hair. Awesome. Spay and neuter, people!

One of dozens of Japanese microbrews.
In other news, the spousal unit and I had an unexpected adventure the past weekend, when we stumbled upon a proper pub. The Encinitas Ale House in Encinitas is this tiny, boiling hot storefront on the North Coast Highway that has 80 beer varieties crammed into their basement!  The place was jammed with people, the bar was minuscule and as I rule I don't wait in line, but after just a few minutes, two seats opened up and we grabbed them. Oh joy, I thought, looking at the menu. In big friendly letters above their burger list read: ANY BURGER MAY BE SUBSTITUTED WITH A VEGGIE BURGER. Yay!  I had a lovely belgian blonde brew and a hothothot poblano pepper veggieburger and a cider chaser. Don't you just love California?

No comments: